People tend to always mention the word ‘soulmate’ in different contexts, which is why I thought I’d actually clear up the topic. The term can be a bit confusing due to the various connotations that it’s accumulated over time. Most people imagine that meeting their soulmate will unfold like a fairytale and instantly lead to happily ever after! But this isn’t always the case. You’ll meet several different soulmates in your lifetime, all of them serving different purposes. Soooo let’s get into this shit (starting in no particular order)!
- Platonic Soulmate: The platonic soulmate will manifest as your best friend and partner in crime! There’s a sense of effortlessness when you two meet. There’s no hesitation and you feel a sense of ease when you’re around. Your platonic soulmate is the person you know was destined to be your Maid of Honor or Best Man. The platonic soulmate is usually the simplest out of all the connections as they exist in your path to make life more enjoyable. Some people may mistake a platonic soulmate for a romantic/companion soulmate but they’ll usually both realize that they’re better off as friends. Someone who is asexual or aromantic will likely stay with their platonic soulmate as they don’t feel the need to connect with anyone else. This can be extremely fulfilling!
- Soul Family: Ahhhh soul families are a total fucking blessing! Members of a soul family all come from the same branch of consciousness and have similar life paths. Soul families can be literally anyone who has the same interests, beliefs, mindset, and energetic vibration as you! The key aspect of a soul family is that our souls were created in the same dimension/planet and we always incarnate together. Our soul family has traveled the same paths and have had to learn the same lessons. All members of a soul family are working towards the same mission. I say they’re a blessing because I find it extremely comforting to know that you have other people who feel and think in the same way that you do! Your actual family may be a part of your soul family but not always. There are definitely members of your soul family who you may not actually ever meet. Some soul groups have 2,000 people while others have 20. It simply depends on your mission!
- Past Life Soulmate: Our past life soulmate(s) are usually romantic and they’re someone who is returning from a past life. When you feel as though you instantly recognize someone, this is a clear sign that they’re a past life connection. Your past life soulmate can reincarnate with you every life time or only occasionally. Either way, this person is usually in your life to remind you of something you’ve forgotten about your own soul. They subconsciously bring back information from a past life in order to deepen your spirituality. This could be a long term or short term relationship! Past life soulmates are a part of your soul family!
- Karmic Soulmates: Ohhh the lovely karmics… Karmic Soulmates are like fucked up past life soulmates. They’re from your past life but they show up in this life because there’s an unlearned lesson or unsettled business between you two. This karmic imbalance desperately needs to be resolved before you can progress. To be fair, karmics don’t always have to be horrible! They serve a very important purpose though. I’d even go as far as to say that they’re the most necessary. They present challenges and conflicts in order to make you stronger. Your first heartbreaks are usually a result of karmic relationships. They’re kind of like stepping stones to your twin flame or romantic soulmate! Karmics are almost always temporary and can be friends, family, or lovers.
- Healing Soulmate: Healing soulmates usually emerge after a karmic relationship ends. Or after a defeating period in your life. They can come in the form of a friend, a parent, a teacher, a lover, or even a stranger. They offer you comfort and help set you back on your path. Healing soulmates are usually temporary as they mostly exist in our lives for a specific issues. Some healing soulmates may stick around and assist you with future conflict as well, though!
- New Soul: This one is pretty straight forward! Not everyone you meet will be from a past life. A new soul is someone we’ve never had contact with. They usually show up when we’ve completed all karmic trials or, for whatever reason, have rejected the romantic soulmate/twin flame partner. This person will spark intrigue, curiosity, and fascination in you. We’ll crave a connection with this person but things usually happen slower with a new soul because of the unfamiliarity. Most karmic relationships start off as a new soul that wasn’t originally in our Soul Contract. Which can be very exciting!
- Romantic/Companion Soulmate: Your romantic soulmate is often described as ‘The One’! They’re your perfect match in this lifetime and the person that your higher self decided to unite with. Of course, you can always stray from your soul contract but most people don’t! The romantic soulmate will offer you so much joy, happiness, and emotional depth. They’re the person you’re likely to marry and will help to move you along your path with an open heart. When we unite with a companion soulmate, we experience unconditional love and bliss. Every relationship will still have it’s problems but you’ll be able to work through these things in harmony. The romantic soulmate can be a new soul or past life connection!
- The Twin Flame: Not everyone has a twin flame in this lifetime or a twin flame at all! But your twin flame is the perfect REFLECTION of you. You two are parts of the same consciousness. It’s still possible to be whole without your twin flame but, when you two come together, it creates something incredibly powerful.
Keep in mind that you might have multiple types of each soulmate in your life & that’s okay! Alternatively, you might not have one of these relationships. Most people will experience 7/8, but nothing is guaranteed. Share your experiences with the 8 types of soulmates in the comment. Thank you so much for reading!