Going out and having a good time is great in the moment, until you’ve reached your limit and your feeling sick before the night even ends. And then the next day you feel like literal death. Well, recently I noticed I’m pretty good at drinking without getting hungover so here are some tips on how to survive parties:
- Know your limits. You should figure out how much is too much and what kind of alcohol you’re the most sensitive to. For example I can handle wine well, but vodka doesn’t sit well with me.
- Have a plan. Living in the moment is great, up until the moment you realize you don’t have a place to sleep or a ride home. If you live nearby then you’re all set but if you live far from all society like me, know where you’ll sleep that night. Book a place if necessary, or set up a time to get picked up by your family member or friend.
- Eat before you drink. For the love of god, eat something before you start drinking! It is best to feel nice and full, not sad and empty.
- After each alcoholic drink, have a glass of water. Now this is a lot of water, I know. It doesn’t necessarily have to be a whole glass, but if you aim for that you’ll make sure to have a sip at least. Also, try taking short breaks in between drinks. This way you won’t get absolutely hammered and your chances of throwing up are a lot lower.
- Stop drinking alcohol at least an hour before you plan on going to bed. When you feel like the party is coming to an end, stop drinking. Stick to water from then on.
- Eat something before going to sleep. At this point, this step is a ritual with my friends. We usually eat instant noodles or something of that sort, chill out, drink a cup of tea, and get to bed.
- Brush your teeth and take off your make up. I know you’re exhausted at this point but at least try. It may not matter to you now, but it will make a difference tomorrow morning.
- Shower as soon as possible the next morning. Washing off all the sins is so refreshing and NECESSARY.
These are all my tips for surviving parties without feeling terrible the next morning. Party safely! Thank you for reading.